Gamers

2010/08/28

Burnt Offerings

"I listened to my voice as I said it. I sounded tired, almost bored, and so serious it was almost frightening."

"Love is never free, Jean-Claude. Its the most expensive emotion we have."

"Love isn't the most expensive emotion, Asher. Hate is. Because hate will eat you up inside and destroy you, long before it kills you."

"Kill or leave him the hell alone, like any big predator. Don't fuck with it unless you can finish the job."

"It cut both ways, and I wanted to make my point deep and sharp."

"Not the dreams where we are hunted by the monsters, but the dreams where we are the monsters. We raise bloody hands to the sky and scream, not from fear, but from joy. The pure joy of slaughter. The cathartic moment when we plunge our hands into the hot blood of our enemies and there is no civilized thought to stop us from dancing on their graves."

"We're all creatures of light and darkness. Embracing your darkness won't kill the light. Goodness is stronger than that."

"I seemed to have that effect on people. Hard to be bright and shiny in the middle of a kill zone."

"Self doubt is a self-fulfilling prophecy."

No comments:

Post a Comment